Are you among those having problems with their engine? Your engine is not working properly and now thinking purchasing another one? No, you should not do that; you can try washing your engine. Do you know why cleaning engine is a nice thing? Most people do not clean their engine often.
What they fail to know is that Even if the engine is new, it will still look better with a fresh coat of paint. There are a number of ways you can clean your engine.in this article we are going to see why and how to clean your engine for enhanced performance.
Why should You Clean the Engine
Performance is the key reason why you should be cleaning your engine from time to time. The engine should be cleaned from time to time as the dirt can clog the parts and affect the performance of the engine. It has hundreds of parts that work efficiently when clean and well-oiled surfaces.
Contrary to many's belief that engines can corrode when wet with water, engine cleaning actually results in a full bath of water. For engines that have not been cleaned or changed for years, washing can be more laborious. Cleaning is another way of making sure rust finds no way into your engine.
Further Reading: How to Keep Drill Bits from Rusting
Cleaning your engine is also another way of identifying minor defaults that could develop into major issues when going unnoticed.
The Resale Value
When trying to resale your property with the under performing engine, it could lower the value.
How to Clean an Engine: Step By Step
Cleaning the engine is something that should not be taken for granted .remember that the engine is a combination of many things. You need to take caution .why. The truth is, you can do a lot of damage to your engine if you do not take sufficient precautions. Here are the steps.
What You Ought to Have
- Simple green
- Hose with the spray attachment
- Cotton swab
- Turtle Wax tire foam and shine
- Sea foam spray
- Old rags
This works best if the car did not run recently; a hot engine will dry out the cleaner too quickly before you can rinse it off.
The first step is to spray the exterior of your engine so that the simple green will not take the wax off your paint. Spray the entire engine with a generous layer of Simple Green. Avoid direct contact with the serpentine belt, the battery, and the control unit. If some splashes on them, do not worry.
Now take the rag and Q-tip and wipe every inch. Be sure to remove the dirt from the tops of the fluid containers (for example, the oil symbol on top of the oil). Use the rag to wipe the inside of the bonnet, not forgetting the actuators, the bonnet lock, and virtually every part of the engine that is dirty.
Rinse everything now with the spray hose; avoid beating again to hit the serpentine belt, battery, and ECU directly. You can see some spots that you have missed, clean them again.
Let the engine dry, the next step works best with a dry engine, you can get more rags out and defrost the engine to speed it up.
5. Spray again
Spray the engine with a tire foam spray; avoid directly beating the serpent belt, battery and ECU. Take a rag and spray it with the tire foam spray, wipe off the battery and ECU. Make sure that the flap does not touch the negative and positive connections at the same time!
That is all, and you will have the clean engine though there are some things to you as cleaner have to put in mind. This is on the account each engine has its own characteristics and you should follow the manufacturer's instructions. Remember this
Also Read: How to Lubricate Car Suspension
What to Remember During the Cleaning Process
- Be careful when using water jet equipment in and around your engine. It is much better to do it manually and wash each part of the engine carefully to make sure you avoid sensitive engine components such as alternators, battery terminals or fuse boxes. Removing excess grease, dirt and oil will make your engine look good to potential buyers, but if you damage the engine, you will lose more than you gain.
- When cleaning sensitive engine parts, be sure to cover them with cling film and protect them from water damage. Additionally, make sure that the battery terminal is not connected and that it is covered to prevent contact with water.
- Make sure that your engine is cleaned in an area that does not cause environmental damage. If grease and oil are removed from the engine, it should be included in a way that will allow you to safely dispose of it after you are done. This means that it is kept away from the grass and does not get into the sewage system.
- Use a strong brush and a strong solution of detergent and water to clean heavily contaminated areas. Always make sure that the liquid is not sprayed too much on other parts of the engine.
- Keep in mind that the electronics in most modern engines are highly sensitive and require the utmost care. Detergent products or methods that interfere with this can easily cause damage, so it is best to leave it to the experts.
- Always remember that you should always consult with your mechanic before starting a major cleaning program to alert you to potential problems.
Now that you know the meticulous steps you should take when cleaning your engine, you can decide whether to do it yourself or hire the services of a professional mechanic or car cleaning expert to do it for you.as I said earlier cleaning you're has got many benefits, but an inch of mistake can render the whole engine useless it .
This are some of the reasons why we have prepared this article with tips on cleaning your car engine.They are intended to help you clean your engine and go through safely.